Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
Department: PFA Divisions
Salary Range: $43,000.00 to $53,800.00 annually. Salaries are paid biweekly.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
FLSA/Career Status: Non-Exempt/Classified
Work Schedule: 40-hour work week
Selection Process: Review and Screening of Application/Resume
Written Exercise(s) & Screening as applicable
Additional Documentation (when requested)
Background Investigation – acceptable/unacceptable
Drug Screen – acceptable/unacceptable
- MEDICAL INSURANCE-Effective: First day of the month following hire date
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- HEALTH CLINIC
- VISION INSURANCE
- BASIC LIFE INSURANCE AND AD&D
- SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT (AD&D)
- HEALTH ADVOCACY PROGRAM
- LONG-TERM DISABILITY
- VOLUNTARY ACCIDENT BENEFIT PLAN
- SICK LEAVE
- EMERGENCY LEAVE
- DEPENDENT CARE LEAVE
- ADDITIONAL LEAVE BENEFITS
- OTHER BENEFITS
- Health & Wellbeing
- Caregiving Resources
- Flu Shots
- First Responder Evaluation Programs
- Full Gym at all Facilities
- Health Screenings o Lactation Support and Maternity Care
- Mindfulness Resources
- Peer Support
- Physical Therapy through Momentum
- Range of Motion Programs Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Workout Planning
- 3 hours paid time per week to work out during your shift
- Financial Wellness
- Special Offers from Elevations Credit Union
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program – MINES & Associates o Legal Services o Financial Services o Referral Services o Counseling Services
- PFA supplied coffee to facilities & discounted coffee for personal pick-up through Jackie’s Java
- Coordinates and oversees office functions and general procedures; authorizes, orders and monitors office supplies and inventories.
- Competency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to learn organization specific software and databases.
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- General knowledge of document creation and computer graphics.
- Knowledge of general office equipment operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and editing skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn, retain, interpret, and apply departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential/sensitive information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization
- Health & Wellbeing
Poudre Fire Authority (PFA) is a multi-faceted, innovative, all-hazards response agency. We are an organization, a family, and a community partner anchored in the guiding principle of “Service above Self”. If you are interested in joining a team where character, doing the right thing, and acting courageously with empathy, accountability, and respect matter, please apply. This is an outstanding opportunity to serve the community. We are excited to see your application and learn more about you!
Performs administrative support for the department/division and its personnel by performing specialized functions requiring independent judgement and decision making
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provides response, research, and resolution to telephone and in-person inquiries from citizens, customers, and employees.
- Prepares memos, letters, correspondence, documents, publications, and reports; these may include graphics.
- Coordinates and schedules department/division travel schedules and reservations.
- Coordinates registration for classes and outside trainings for department employees.
- Contacts divisions and agencies to resolve customer and division inquiries.
- Acts as liaison to other PFA divisions.
- Reads and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Coordinates, provides administrative support, and represents division at meetings; may record or transcribe minutes of board or committee meetings.
- Monitors department/division budgets and performs financial and accounting functions as needed.
- Develops and maintains files, records, reports, spreadsheets, and databases as requested.
- Coordinates office events including dates, locations, attendees, and catering.
- Coordinates and administers special projects as assigned.
- Performs accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other PFA employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the necessary functions of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, plus a minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems reasonably and effectively.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Colorado Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office environment with moderate levels of noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.