The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Provide accounting support in the areas of auditing school invoices and preparation of claims for payment; auditing travel claims and communicating travel policy changes to agency staff; review salary and teaching schedules: review comprehensive school program assistance and salary supplement calculation; prepare claims for various operational payments to schools; download and reconcile expenditure transactions from state’s accounting system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred. A minimum of 3 years accounting experience required. Requires expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel and proficiency in operation of a 10-key adding machine. Experience in State’s Accounting system is preferred.
Position is based in Stillwater, OK. Normal office conditions with some travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Coordinate comprehensive school program assistance payment process by collecting and maintaining school personnel and financial information in database; collaborate with Deputy State Director to ensure all program changes are reconciled to ensure appropriate program funding; prepare and distribute accurate and timely Notice of Allocations to Superintendents and Treasurers; prepare comprehensive school program assistance payment and salary supplement claims including payment notices.
- Review salary and teaching schedules for comprehensive school’s teachers to ensure appropriate teacher status for CareerTech programs.
- Audit agency travel claims for compliance with the State Travel Reimbursement Act; communicate and train agency staff on travel processes to ensure compliance with regulations; communicate travel deadlines and keep travel software system updated.
- Review comprehensive school and technology center invoices for compliance with agency policy and prepare claims in payment for these various agency activities.
- Query and export financial data from state’s accounting system and populate agency’s internal financial report detail file; reconcile data download to ensure appropriate expenditure data is reflected in agency’s financial databases.
- Provide back-up in various Financial Services areas as outlined by division to ensure internal controls and maintain business continuity.
Salary/Benefits: $43,440.86 - $49,544.49 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher’s retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $55,247.90 - $61,810.95.
Position posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days or until position is filled.
Send cover letter, including job title, and resume to:
Mail: Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Attn: Marie, 1500 West Seventh Ave., Stillwater, OK 74074.