Administrative Specialist I-Community Development
Administrative Specialist I-Community Development
SALARY: $16.64 - $19.49 Hourly; $34,611.20 - $40,539.20 Annually
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
OPENING DATE: 06/16/22
CLOSING DATE: 07/18/22 05:00 PM
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our administrative team. The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities, excellent benefits, and flexibility. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
This position supports our Community Development team by providing exceptional front-line customer service and general clerical and administrative support. If you are looking for an entry level administrative position with opportunity for career development and growth, apply now!
The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employees assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Answer phone calls and respond professionally to resident questions and concerns; properly document all concerns.
- Assist customers in obtaining services & routing to appropriate party for assistance.
- May assign and issue permits and licenses.
- May prepare the daily schedule for various departments or divisions, including updating spreadsheets, pulling files, preparing documents, and updating databases.
- Perform data entry, maintain and file documents.
- Establish & manage various accounts for residents and businesses.
- Scan files into electronic file management systems.
- Prepare and distribute basic communications and correspondence.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Collect and distribute mail and packages.
- May serve as backup for utility billing, collecting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one-year of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge of the City in order to answer questions from the public.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, MO 63385