Join Our Team! We are seeking a dedicated accounting professional to be our next Staff Accountant
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Overview: The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger account analysis and bank reconciliations, preparing journal entries and monthly financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, collecting and tracking tenant rent payments, providing weekly and monthly reports on rent collection status, and assisting the Associate Executive Director of Operations in preparation of monthly reports.
Reports to: Associate Executive Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt, Benefit Eligible
Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience. Comprehensive benefits and generous paid time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- Minimum two or more years’ experience in accounting or related business area with preference to candidates with non-profit agency experience.
- Proven track record of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify/solve problems and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in spreadsheet software (Excel), Word, and Outlook.
- Fund EZ Accounting Software knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks; work efficiently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Utilizes Fund EZ accounting system, Excel, Outlook, and other software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Collects rent payments and tracks status of tenant rent balances due in coordination with housing staff.
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger.
- Updates and maintains accurate monthly allocations applied to various grants.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Assists with development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Maintains fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Fully engage in self-care to promote physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- Support and participate in a culture of philanthropy by recognizing that fundraising efforts—including donor relations and organizational agency communication— include all staff and are essential to carry out the work and mission of the organization. Assist in securing member stories and participating in fundraising efforts as requested by supervisor.
- Attend full staff meetings and meet required 24 hours of annual training
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The Albany Damien Center’s mission is to enhance the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS in an affirming environment and to reduce new infections in the communities we serve. Our vision is a community where people with HIV/AIDS achieve their desired potential and are respected as coworkers, neighbors, and friends, while striving for an HIV free generation.
The Albany Damien Center is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, women, persons from our LGBTQ community, persons living with HIV/AIDS, and persons formerly homeless.
To Apply: Please send 1) cover letter 2) resume and 3) list of three professional references by e‐mail to email@example.com Applications will be accepted via e‐mail and are encouraged to have all attachments. Continuous recruitment until position filled.
Come see us at the Times Union Job Fair Monday, April 25th 10am – 4pm
Albany Marriott, 189 Wolf Road, Albany, NY